The Curious Relationship Between our Mind, Brain, and Education
The brain is a horse. The mind is you riding it (or letting it ride you over, whatever the case may be) Education is the riding accessories, the stirrups, bridle, saddle, shoe, reigns, and all. Do you get the picture now?
You can ride a horse to win your battles, races (exceptional/ methodical/ systematic/ enhanced use of brain), do common house hold errands with it, draw your regular cart (average use of brain) or leave it languishing in your stable without putting it to any actual use (not using brain). What you do with your horse and how you use it, is a matter of your choice, preference, will, need, ability and talent.
You can of course use your horse without riding accessories (uneducated but still use brains) but you jeopardise your ride quality, performance and outcome; with correct riding accessories (education/knowledge) you just ensure several times better use of your horse that remarkably increases your ease, expertise and efficiency.
One important thing to remember here is: Mind has precedence over brain. Brain is just an organ. Mind controls it. When mind doesn't control it, it gets controlled by brain to the point it cannot remember anymore who is the leader and who the follower.
Some more points of interest:
- Even the best of horses in the world needs discipline, exercise, a bridle, and a rider to bring out the best in it.
- Who is riding your horse? Are you sure you are the only one who rides it? (People being mislead/ taken advantage of are an example of somebody else riding their horse.)
- This one is simple: the more you work your horse, the better and better it becomes. Leave it chewing the hay in the stall and it will have trouble crossing even a puddle.
- Even the best of horses needs a shoe, a bridle and saddle to become better than what it already does better than others.
- Horses in the wild don't need shoes. Why? They use it enough to wear their hooves down at the same rate as their hooves grow. (This can be equated with uneducated wise people who have learnt to use their brains with experience and wisdom. Modern urban people cannot dream of existing without education.)
- If you like you can replace the horse with a car. The answer stays the same.